What is SEO
SEO is the abbreviated form for Search Engine Optimization. So, I hope from the terms itself, you would have got some basic idea of what SEO is all about in actual. However, let me dissect and chop the terms to make it even more clear and understandable. Here, the SEO, that’s Search Engine Optimization is nothing but the tips and tricks that are used to rank your published blog post or article higher or even the number one in the search engine like google, yahoo or bings.
Why SEO is Important
From the meaning and definition itself mentioned above, you would have been able to develop some kind of idea about its importance. Anyway do not worry if you have not been able to grasp and the actual idea for why SEO is required, now I am going to explain everything about the importance and need of SEO. Before I let start explain to you in more detail, I would like to give you a question that why someone publishes an article or blog post on a website? I can guess you already know the reason. Someone can give a number of reasons behind it, however, there is only one primary reason and that’s is to attract more and more traffic to visit their site and blog posts. This is what SEO is all about. SEO has only one mission that’s is to optimize the search result in the search engine to drive more and more traffic to your contents. Now you might think that you can get traffic from other many sources other than the search engines. Other sources can be social media marketing of the contents like through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Whatsapp, Messenger, etc but let me tell say that social media marketing can give you instant gratification by driving a few visitors your site but that would never be enough to really earn enough money in the long long. To get optimum traffic for immense success, there is no better option than SEO. SEO gives you the highest result with little effort and some genuine tips and tricks. It helps to provide organic traffic huge number that you can get from no other sources. To really work as a professional blogger and to make a career out of it or to make any serious money, you need tons and tons of traffic to visit your blog site and the most important thing is that nothing can help you get that much of huge traffic except the SEO.
Things to remember at a glance
- Social media are the inorganic source of traffic which can help you to get quick traffic to instant gratification but it would never be a wise decision to solely depend on the traffic from social media. One thing we can say that we should never ignore the role of social media in SEO because social media are the platform that increases the click-through rate to trigger the search engine to pick up that particular post or article promoted on the social media. So, from this point of view, social media as well have very crucial in boosting the Search Engine Optimization.
- Organic Traffic From Search Engine:- Traffic from the search engine is the key to make a blog successful. The more interesting thing is that driving is comparatively easier do it than that of the social media if we use little tips and tricks required. To get the traffic from search engine we do not need to sign up for different social media and neither need to share the post every time and again. What we need to do is to do some keyword research and to use some tips and tricks that I will explain in a minute.
Another important thing to bear in mind is that only appearing in the search engine is not enough. Our priority for always should be to appear in #1 because many of the researches have shown that 90% of the people who search on search engine let it be either google, yahoo or bing; they never click on another page other than #1. Meaning to say, if you fail from appearing in the #1, then you are losing 90% of your potential readers.
Types of SEO
- White Hat SEO:- It is that kind of search engine optimization where you do your part of work as a blogger and let the search engines do their parts without telling or forcing them to do anything. Here, your role is just to publish the post and the search engine would search themselves to pick up and rank in google.
- Black Hat SEO:– Black Hat SEO is that type of search engine optimization where you force engine or tell them about your post and indicate them to trigger your post to rank higher in the search. It can be done by making developing links and backlinks to other site and vice-versa that helps to develop authority and trust which is one of the most important factors to succeed in blogging in the long run.
- On-site SEO:- On-site SEO includes all activities that the author do on the page that could give push up to rank higher. It could be anything like proper keyword selection, captivating title and headings with keywords that appear more in the main body of the post, user-friendly URL, description, use of https instead of http in the URL (https provider higher layer of security for the readers and it develops authority with trust), posting high quality and useful content, and many more.
- Off Page SEO:- Off-page SEO includes all the activities that are done outside the page of the website like speed enhancement, correcting the errors, developing links and backlinks, decreasing the bounce back rate and increasing Click through rate (CTR) and many more.
How do Bounce Back and Click through rate affect the ranking
Bounce back rate is actually the count of how many times people clicked on your page but did not engage there and instantly return back to another page without wasting any time. From the thing like this, the Google algorithm understands that particular page or website does not have quality content that is making people bounce back soon after landing on the page. This decrease the trust and authority from the site.
In contrast, click through rate helps to build trust and authority with the search engine. When there are so many clicks in less time than usual, the search engine understands that there must be some kind of high quality and useful content which is triggering people to click every time and again.
This is all about how bounce back and click through rate affect the ranking of any site.
Speed:- Speed is another very important factor that affects search engine optimization. Sites with high speed always have a better experience than the low-speed site. As we know that these day people have the problem of attention deficit and they can not wait for a long time for something, that’s is why if the site takes a long time to open then they the readers switch to other sites. Therefore, it is always recommendable to check the loading speed of the site and to look for the exact reason if the site has a very low loading speed. There are so many sites like Gmetric that checks the speed and performance of the website. All the issues leading to the slow loading speed must be found and solved before they really harm your reputation and trust from the readers. Of the major and very common reason for slow site loading may be the type of hosting you are using to host your website. The shared hosting sometime has slow loading problems well so many users are using the same very server at the same time. Therefore, it is recommended to use VPS or dedicated server for a better experience with speed. The VPS server has better speed than the Shared server and the dedication has the best speed among all of these three, however, the only problem is that VPS and Dedicated server are a bit more expensive. If you are really a beginner in blogging then you can even start with shared hosting in case if you do not have enough budget to afford VPS or Dedicated server. Once you have started making a few bucks online, you can switch to VPS or Dedicated server. Another important reason behind slow site loading may some kinds of errors in the site like the presence of links of deleted posts or pages or any other unwanted stuff on your site. This kinds of errors must be found and resolved as soon as possible.